Well, it’s been a while since I last blogged here, but what can I say, life happens…of course, lots of things change, but unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on your slant on things recently, the Republicans and their cronies are sadly, still spewing out the same hate, fear, ignorance and mis-information about the newly-minted Health Care Reform Bill signed into law by President Obama yesterday, 3/23/2010. Honestly, when are those guys gonna stop their all-or-nothing tactics and try to work together with the rest of the crowd? The Democrats have finally gotten their proverbial act together just long enough to get this done, and it’s my opinion that we’ll all be the better for it. Bart Simpson, er, Stupak, stomped his feet and held firm and got what? Nothing that was not already plainly stated, that the Gov’t won’t fund abortions. Brilliant. The Government and everyone else needs to stay out of any decision involving a woman’s uterus. This includes you, Sarah Palin.
Yes, the bill and it’s programs are massive and far reaching. Yes, those of you on the left believe it doesn’t do enough. Yes, those of you on the right, (no one reading this, though) think it’s too much. In a country as diverse and large as this, there’s no way it’s gonna please everyone. But, I believe it’s a good, positive start to the United States finally becoming a nation where access and affordable health care are a right for all Americans. As for the illegals here, sorry, this should be limited to card carrying members of the USA only. Having said that, we need serious debate and discussion on that huge Elephant in the room as well. I just don’t think it’s right to give benefits to folks who shouldn’t be here in the first place. I’m sorry, but just because you jumped the fence, rowed the boat or came into this country hiding in the trunk of an 86 Chrysler doesn’t entitle you to anything, period. This is our country, and we as a nation have every right to set up our laws and policies to our benefit, no yours. I do believe, however, that we need to have an effective, proper way for people who wish to become legal, taxpaying, law-abiding citzens to be able to do so within a reasonable period of time. I know, good luck on that….But, that’s another blog for another time. Back to what I was originally speaking about, those nasty, mostly right-wing nut-jobs, and the politicians who love them. I expect bullshit and heated rhetoric to come from squaking mouthpieces like John Boehner and Eric Cantor and Mitch McConnell. That’s what they do best. And of course sub-humans like that Big-Fat-Gas Bag-turned Oxycontin-addicted-Asswipe( or B.F.G.T.O.A.A.)Rush Limbaugh and that totally Demented Glenn Beck, and all the other lying manipulators out there are turning up their anger, racist filled speeches to continue stoking the fires of racism and hate to all-time levels. Does it make me angry? You bet your ass it does!! The things i’d like to see happen with some of these folks is downright mideval.
But i’ll tell you this. It’s getting really ugly out there, and we better nip this in the bud, right now! I have stated all along that people with fervent right wing beliefs are angry, violent, mean-spirited thugs who thrive on fear, ignorance, racism and intimidation, and I have posted just a very small sample of why this is true.
Here’s just some of what’s been reported:
- At least 5 incidents of some ignoramus throwing rocks or bricks, some with messages, thru the windows of some Democratic Offices in Niagra Falls and Rochester, New York- In Whichita, Kansas- In Tuscon, Arizona and in Pleasant Ridge, Ohio. An Ex- Militia extremist by the name of Mike Vanderboegh, from Pinson, Alabama, who writes a blog on the Sipsey Street Irregulars has come forward to say that he was responsible for a blog in which he incites violence and destruction by telling people to go and smash windows, all across the country, at the offices of Democrats who voted for Health Care reform.
- Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-NY) received a telephone call to her offices in which the caller states that the children of those who voted for HealthCare would be assasinated.
- Virginia Rep Tom Perrillo (Dem) had his brother’s home address published on-line by Lynchburg Tea Party Organizer Mike Troxel. Troxel mistakenly put out Mr. Perrillo’s brother’s address, believing it was actually Rep. Perillo’s address. He then incited folks to stop by and get close to Mr. Perillo to show them their feelings on his vote for Health Care Reform. Well, someone went to the address posted by Mr. Troxel and slashed the supply line from the large propane gas tank that was in the yard. Another Tea Party Asshole from Danville, Va., Nigel Coleman also published the address. When contacted by authorites about the incident, Coleman was stupid enough to actually try and act surprised, stating “I obviously condemn these actions,” he said. “I would hope that people aren’t thinking about doing anything crazy. We just wanted people to get close to the congressman and have their voices heard. Violence is not going to answer anything. I’m a little shocked and amazed.” You’ve got to be kidding me. You incite people to go directly to someone’s home and confront them, publish their address, and when someone takes you up on, act surprised? You’re a fucking liar. You knew damn well what you were doing. What, you think we’re all dumb-ass ignorant assholes like you?
- And, lest we forget, B.F.G.T.O.A.A. Limbaugh, stated that folks who voted for Health Care Reform should be chased from office and wiped-out.
- Members of Congress, including Bart Stupak and Louise Slaughter, have received death threats via e-mail and telephone. At least 10 members of Congress now have increased security with them and at their homes.
- Finally, in the doesn’t surprise-me-one-bit category, Pathalogical Liar Sarah Palin went on Twitter to say that her Conservative-minded followers should not get discouraged, but should instead RELOAD, and fire everyone who voted for Health Care Reform. She then asked people to see her Facebook Page, in which she posted a map of the US, and put Rifle Target Bulls-eyes over the cities in which she claims she and John McCain carried in the 08 Election.
The only thing I’m going to state here is the obvious. These right wingers need to be dealt with immediately, or sometime, someplace, someone is going to get killed or injured by some extremist lunatic. Inciting violence, and feigning you’re shocked when it does should land you in serious legal trouble and/or prison. Right wing extremists are often ignorant, uninformed, racist, angry people. Part of a new poll out there actually has 24% of acknowledged Republicans stating Obama may be the anti-christ, and 33% believe he’s doing things Hitler did. This simply reaffirms the obvious about my statements as to their intelligence levels. All of this stems from Republicans who have fanned the flames. They need to be held accountable and must reap what they have sown. At present, their calls for an end to violence has been a day late and a dollar short. Unfortunately, this is nothing new.
Don’t say I didn’t warn you……”Nuff said for now.